Monday, December 8, 2008

One year ago today...

This evening, I was sitting in my apartment and I said to my roommates, "I wish I could go somewhere really cool and exotic and far away so that I could have something interesting to write about in my blog." And then they reminded me that I went to China. While I am not there currently, I decided to look back at my pictures and remember what I was doing one year ago today...

We took our last trip away from our home city of Hefei, way down south to an area called Guilin/Yangshuo. It was the best trip I went on the whole time I was in China. The trip lasted 4 days and on December 8, 2007, I was riding a bamboo raft down the Li River while eating sugar cane, shopping on West Street, riding water buffalo, and holding birds that go fishing. Here are some pics:


I can't believe it's been almost a year already since I got home. I LOVE CHINA!

Oh, and here's a video of those birds.

No comments: