Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Elder Wirthlin, you're inspiring me

With Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's passing, I was brought back to look at and reflect on his last words to us as a church: "Come what may, and love it" (For full article, click here). I find it interesting that this is the time of my year where I usually find myself the most stressed and the most likely to forget or ignore Elder Wirthlin's wisdom. However, now is the time when I need it the most. School is getting stressful (well, it's been stressful, but now more than ever) and I have finals coming up. I am hoping that this semester's GPA will be my best yet but who knows. On top of school, I have to perform 2 days worth of concerts for Women's Chorus, finish getting things ready for one of my best friend's weddings, pack for Arizona, pack up my apartment to move, go Christmas shopping, work a couple of photography jobs, work my regular job, doctor appointments...the list just goes on and on. It's going to be tough, no doubt, but I am so grateful for the simple reminders in Elder Wirthlin's talk that will get me through. He said, "If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness." I think I need to put this on my binder so that when I am overburdened with homework, I'll see it, and remember the words of an apostle of the Lord to me. To come what may, and LOVE it!

Elder Wirthlin, you were one of my favorite. Thank you for inspiring me to always strive to be better than I am.

No comments: