Friday, April 3, 2009

CALLED TO SERVE!


I have been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am assigned to labor in the NEW JERSEY MORRISTOWN Mission. I report to the Provo MTC on July 1, 2009. I will prepare to preach the gospel in the SPANISH language!!!

So there you have it. I cannot believe I am going on a mission! When I opened my call and started reading the words, I knew that I have been called to be where I need to be, speaking the language I need to speak, in order to teach the people I need to teach. It is an amazing feeling. I haven't stopped thinking about it since I opened it last night. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord for 18 months of my life. He has given me everything. Thanks for all your support during different stages of my life to get me to this point! I love you!


We started out the evening with a rousing rendition of "Called to Serve"
At this point, I was really really nervous...
And then I freaked out...
Where's a map? :)
I love my family. I'm so glad they live close so we were able to celebrate this special day together.
Oh yeah, and I decided to cut my hair, as you can see in these pictures. But don't judge too harshly, it had been raining all day :)

6 comments:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy for you!! You get to teach in spanish! Im so jealous. Jesús served in New York Spanish speaking and he loved you. I hope we come to Utah before you leave.

THE EBERSOHLS said...

Congratulations on your mission call! I am so excited for you. It is incredible to teach the gospel in a different language! It's hard but an unforgettable experience. I too had the opportunity to teach the gospel in Spanish on my mission. I loved every minute and felt so grateful to my Heavenly Father for helping me speak it and for giving me the opportunity to speak in a language that I love.

I am very proud of you and the decision you made to serve a full-time mission. You and your family will be blessed. The people of New Jersey will be blessed. Can I go in your suitcase?

Serving a full-time mission was the best thing I could have done. I miss the field and the mantle. The people that I met and taught were amazing and special. Some I could just connect with as though I had already knew them. I know that we made promises in the pre-exsistence to bring our brothers and sisters back home. They depended on us to find them and help them remember.

You are amazing and I know New Jersey will be blessed to have you. Enjoy the MTC and enjoy every minute of your mission. It will stay with you for eternity.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I am just so thrilled for you Meagan.

I hope I can get your address so that I can keep in touch with you as often as I can. Know that I am thinking of you and feeling your excitement, nervousness and a heart filled with gratitude.
Love ya and I love your haircut.

Always have FOZ=
FAITH OBEDIENCE ZEAL
That was the theme in my mission.

Unknown said...

That's my stake!!!!!! Hahaha I love you

The Hansens said...

Hey Meagan. This is Melissa....Cari's sis-in-law. I ran across your blog through Cari's and I was SO SO excited to see that you have received your call. Congratulations!!!!! Such exciting news. You will be such a good missionary and bring many souls to the gospel:) Congrats Congrats Congrats. I am going to add you to my blog list so I can keep updated on you. Hope that is ok:)

Turners said...

CONGRATS CHICA!!! or should I say sister?! You'll do wonderfully...I am so excited for you!

Elena said...

That is so great for you! You get to finally learn Espanol. You'll do wonderfully:)