Monday, March 30, 2009

I never would have believed...

  1. I should be getting my call in 2 days! But I can't open it until Thursday because some stuff has arisen on Wednesday night...
  2. Remember the "socially clueless recently returned missionary"? Well, after a sufficient length of time completely ignoring me, then acting as if nothing happened, he came up to me on Sunday night after ward prayer and asked me on a date for WEDNESDAY night. Yeah, I was like, "You do know I'm opening my mission call that night, right?" He assured me that he did but wanted to go out afterward.
  3. Well, when I called my mom and told her, she convinced me to just wait until Thursday night to open my call since she is having some minor surgery or something on Wednesday and doesn't want to be delirious when I open it. Plus, I think she would be all for me getting married right now instead of going on a mission. She keeps asking me, "Are you sure you want to go on a mission right now?" Haha, I'll miss my mom a lot.
  4. So I'm going on a date Wednesday night. I'm thinking of asking my roommates to check the mail and hide my call if it came so I don't know about it but we'll see...
Everyone has said that once you get your mission call, the dates start coming in from everywhere...I never would have believed that would be happening to me.

2 comments:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Whatever, you're hot! Any guy that doesnt see that has brain damage.

Brian said...

Well, as if you weren't already super-desirable before, now you're also unavailable. For some reason, boys are dumb and tend to go after things they can't have. Weird, huh?

Anywho... I'm kind of laughing on the inside at the mom comment. And the thought of you being on a date with the socially clueless RM while trying not to claw open your mission call. Hehe. I'm excited for you :)