- 8:30 or 9 - drive to work and think long and hard about what my opening line for the day will be...something like "Oh my gosh, I had the weirdest dream last night!" or "Gah, why are boys so retarded?"
- 9 to Noon - share stories from the night before with my coworkers as we laugh hysterically at some of the clothes people bring in for us to sew or at the sewing instructions the front counter writes - for example: "replace butt" or "sew crotch together." I mean, come on, they could just write "mend crotch seam" and we know exactly what to do. Haha
- Noon to 1 - discuss what we're going to do for lunch and/or wait for a customer to come in who is desperate for his clothes to be altered/mended right then (instead of waiting a week like anyone else). When such a customer comes in, we require a "rush fee" in the form of pizza or chocolate milk or ice cream or orange chicken or any number of other things we've obtained :)
- Afternoon until we decide to close up and leave - we get a little tired and start laughing at just about anything. Because I've worked there so long, my coworkers ask me for advice about what to do on things and I usually have no idea but I make something up that sounds good, they do it, and it works. Fake it 'till you make it, I guess. :)
- About 3ish - call my mom and ask her when she is coming to pick me up, and she usually tells me not until 4, but I'm really tired by then and find some random sewing job to keep me busy my last hour.
- Oh, and in between all that, I sew :)
life in fort smith
1 month ago